Residing in Carlentini, Italy, the Parrocchia Arcipretura Immacolata Concezione, or Chiesa Madre di Carlentini, is a Catholic church devoted to Saint Lucia. Off the coast of Syracuse, this Baroque and neoclassical building was completed in 1609.
Although partially destroyed by an earthquake in 1693, reconstruction was finished in 1913.
Saint Lucia is the Patron Saint of Cartelini, and has been admired since its foundation of the city in 1551.
The church is depicted with the Immaculate Conception, and can be seen in the central nave.
Known as The Mother Church throughout Carlentini, the institution still holds regular Mass, and is considered the jewel of the city.